Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park
Installed at the beginning of 2021, this small four bunk hut gives access to the Malte Brun range, with climbs ranging from the classic peak of Malte Brun itself to a myriad of other rock and alpine route along the range. The area is also a popular ski touring region in winter.
Near Beetham Stream on western flank of Malte Brun
4 bunks with mattresses, radio, water tank, toilet, solar lighting, cooking bench.
There is no direct helicopter access to the hut, and parties must walk in via the Tasman Glacier. The actual Beetham Valley is now cut off and not recommended. There is an access point to the north of Beetham Valley by the old Malte Brun hut site to the north, or access up the Reay Valley which is still possible.
- Members $20 per night
- Non-members $40 per night
- Youth rate (11-17 years) $10 per night
- Children (10 yrs and under) free
Hut fees payable online by credit card or bank transfer (NZ accounts only)
POINT (43°33’59.7″S 170°14’54.7″E)
Huts are open and remain at COVID19 Traffic setting Red. Check the government website for the latest information on levels and restrictions.
Keeping yourself and others safe
It’s important that visitors take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and safety:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested.
- Wash your hands, thoroughly and often, using soap you carry with you.
- Keep track of where you have been. Complete the hut book and take a photo for your records.