Hopkins Valley, Ruataniwha Conservation Park
Huts are open and operating under COVID19 Traffic Lights Protection Framework conditions. Check the government website for the latest information on levels and restrictions.
Keeping yourself and others safe
It’s important that visitors take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and safety:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested.
- Wash your hands, thoroughly and often, using soap you carry with you.
- Keep track of where you have been. Complete the hut book and take a photo for your records.
This wonderful 12 bunk hut is nestled by trees on the west side of the picturesque Hopkins Valley. Hunting, tramping and climbing opportunities abound for adventures of all abilities.
12 bunks with mattresses, closed log-burner, water from stream, long-drop toilet.
Huxley Gorge Station to 2km below the Memorial Cairn, 16km/3hrs from hut.
- Members $5 per night
- Non-members $10 per night
Payable online by credit card or bank transfer (NZ accounts only) – see above, or to the NZAC National Office, PO Box 786, Christchurch 8140.
No bookings are possible. The hut is open all year round and beds are allocated on a first in first served basis.
POINT (169.81678963 -43.9197515)
NZTopo50: BY14 456 309
NZMS260 (old): H37 556 925
Note: You need to log in first, when booking, to obtain member rates.