Godley Valley, Aoraki Mt Cook National Park
This historic hut has provided shelter for climbers, trampers and hunters for over eighty years. Located at the end of the Godley valley, a trip to this remote time capsule of the great New Zealand outdoors will never be forgotten.
10 bunks with mattresses, note: no radio, no water tank, or cooking facilities/utensils. External toilet so please take all your own supplies.
Payable online by credit card or bank transfer (NZ accounts only) – see above, to Mt Cook Department of Conservation or NZAC National Office. Rates from 1 Novembr 2013.
- Members $10 per night
- Non-members $20 per night.
No bookings are possible. The hut is open all year round and beds are allocated on a first in first served basis.
POINT (170.51038742 -43.48048386)
NZTopo50: BX17 987 828
NZMS260 (old): I35 086 444
Huts are open and operating under COVID19 Alert Level 2 conditions. Check the government website for the latest information on levels and restrictions.
Keeping yourself and others safe
It’s important that visitors take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and safety:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested.
- Wash your hands, thoroughly and often, using soap you carry with you.
- Keep track of where you have been. Complete the hut book and take a photo for your records.
Note: You need to log in first, when booking, to obtain member rates.