Godley Valley, Aoraki Mt Cook National Park
This historic hut has provided shelter for climbers, trampers and hunters for over eighty years. Located at the end of the Godley valley, a trip to this remote time capsule of the great New Zealand outdoors will never be forgotten.
10 bunks with mattresses, note: no radio, no water tank, or cooking facilities/utensils. External toilet so please take all your own supplies.
Payable online by credit card or bank transfer (NZ accounts only) – see above, to Mt Cook Department of Conservation or NZAC National Office. Rates from 1 Novembr 2013.
- Members $10 per night
- Non-members $20 per night.
No bookings are possible. The hut is open all year round and beds are allocated on a first in first served basis.
POINT (170.51038742 -43.48048386)
NZTopo50: BX17 987 828
NZMS260 (old): I35 086 444
Huts are open and back to full capacity as long as we remain at COVID19 Alert Level 1. Check the government website for the latest information on levels and restrictions.
Keeping yourself and others safe
It’s important that visitors take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and safety:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested.
- Wash your hands, thoroughly and often, using soap you carry with you.
- Keep track of where you have been. Complete the hut book and take a photo for your records.
Note: You need to log in first, when booking, to obtain member rates.