Mt Aspiring National Park
Huts are open and operating under COVID19 Alert Level 2 conditions. Check the government website for the latest information on levels and restrictions.
Keeping yourself and others safe
It’s important that visitors take responsibility for their own Covid-19 hygiene and safety:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested.
- Wash your hands, thoroughly and often, using soap you carry with you.
- Keep track of where you have been. Complete the hut book and take a photo for your records.
This large alpine hut is located just below the snow line and offers amazing views across the Matukituki Valley, and provides a safe haven on route to ascents of Mount Aspiring.
1,465m on the Mt French ridge, West Matukituki Valley, Mount Aspiring National Park.
Detailed map below.
20 bunks, DoC radio, water tank, toilet.
2 hours from Aspiring Hut to Pearl Flat then 3 hours up French Ridge through steep bush and open tussock.
- Members $20 per night
- Non-members $40 per night
- Youth rate (11-17 years) $10 per night
- Children (10 yrs and under) free
Hut fees payable online by credit card or bank transfer (NZ accounts only) – see above, to the Aspiring Hut Warden if resident, or to the Department of Conservation Wanaka.
POINT (168.69399548 -44.4286314)
NZTopo50: CA11 572 715
NZMS260 (old): E39 673 332